Minnesota Football vs. Purdue for those who are wondering how to see or hear the first. Here’s how to watch the Minnesota Football vs. Purdue on Saturday in Purdue.
When: Saturday at 2:30 pm Connecticut
Big Match Minnesota Football vs. Purdue
Transmission: available via ESPN Watch application or found HERE –
Radio: KFAN (100.3 FM) or Sirius 119 or Sirius XM 196 Or transmit it here
Vegas betting line: Minnesota (-1)
1. Minnesota hit the road for the second time this season when they face Purdue on Saturday. This is also the first incline of the season in the Minnesota Big Ten category, which means that the series of 18 consecutive victories of Maroon and Gold in the country is not in play. Minnesota leads the series of all-time with Purdue 38-33-3 and won the last 41-10 meet last year in Minneapolis. The Gophers have won five of their last six meetings with the Boilermakers, with the only loss in 2017 after a delay in bad weather that interrupted the game.
2. Since last season, Minnesota is 7-2 in their last nine games and have won five straight games (Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, South Dakota, Fresno State, and Georgia) Southern). The victories over Wisconsin and Fresno State followed one another, while the victory over Georgia Tech took place in Detroit in the Quick Lane Bowl. This is the first time since 2003 that Minnesota has won three consecutive games away from home. That year, the Gophers won four straight road games in Ohio, Penn State, Northwest, and Illinois on their way to a 10-3 season. If the Gophers can win at Purdue on Saturday, it would be the first time since 2009 (won at Syracuse and Northwestern) that Minnesota would win their first two away games to start the season.
3. Although they were left behind at 21:49 in the fourth quarter of this season, the Gophers are 3-0 with three returns in the fourth quarter. Minnesota has won these games by seven points (State of South Dakota), three points (in the state of Fresno) and three points (South Georgia). This is also the third time since 1990 that the Gophers have won three consecutive possession games (they also did so in 2015 and 1993). The only time the Gophers have won more total possession games in one season since 1990 has been four in 2016.
4. Tanner Morgan has a score of 7-2 as starting quarterback. The Gophers won the possession time battle in all nine games and scored 296 points in those games for an average of 32.88 points. Last season, Minnesota averaged at least 32.88 points per game in 2005, compared with an average of 35.8 points per game (12 games). Minnesota has not totaled 296 points (total points under Morgan in the last nine games) in 2009 (13 games), 2010 (12 games), 2011 (12 games), 2012 (13 games), 2015 (13 games) ) and 2017 (12 games). Minnesota Football vs. Purdue
5. Rashod Bateman played 16 games and had 66 receptions for 993 receiving yards. Ryan Thelwell (15 games) was the fastest Gopher to reach 1,000 yards of his career. He played seven games in 1994, totaling 406 yards and 1,000 yards in the 1995 season. Bateman will become the 26th Gopher, and the second-fastest, to record 1,000 yards of career gain (including Ernie Wheelwright, 20 games, Eric Decker, 21, Tyler Johnson, 26).