Hollywood Talent Manager expelled from “survivor” after accusations of misconduct

Dan Spilo

“A decision was made and Dan will not return to the game,” executive producer and presenter Jeff Probst told the remaining players during Wednesday’s episode.
Surviving competitor and Hollywood talent manager Dan Spilo was removed from the CBS competition program as a result of accusations of misconduct, a novelty for the reality series in his 19 years and 39 seasons.

After the elimination of competitor Elaine Stott, executive producer and presenter Jeff Probst told the remaining players: “Okay, so I have to share some news, so I just talked privately with Dan and I want to contact you. a decision and Dan will not return to the game, will not return to the camp, will not be part of the jury, will be gone. “

Wednesday’s episode ended with a title card that said: “Dan was removed from the game after reporting another incident, which occurred off-camera and did not involve any players.” CBS declined to comment beyond the title card at the end of the episode.

In an interview with EW, Probst refused to give details of the circumstances that led to Spilo’s removal, but said the executive was initially “not satisfied” with the decision. “When we first told Dan we were taking him out of the game, he wasn’t happy. We talked about that for a while, and by the time he got in the boat, he calmed down and was really very respectful when he left,” he said.

The Hollywood Reporter spoke with Probst, also director of the reality series, in November about the behavior and accusations surrounding Spilo, an Industry Entertainment partner who, at that time, issued a warning from CBS producers.

Spilo was accused by another competitor of playing incorrectly, claiming, among other things, physical contact after having asked him to stop, and then apologized to his competitors if his behavior was inappropriate. “In the episode aired last night, several shattered women discussed the behavior of a castaway that made them feel uncomfortable,”

CBS and MGM TV producers said last month after Spilo’s initial warning. “During the filming of this episode, the producers spoke off-camera to all the competitors that were still in the game, both in groups and individually, to listen to their concerns and advise them on the appropriate limits.

” A formal warning was also given to In Survivor, producers provide the shipwreckers with a large space to play. “At the same time, all shipwrecked people are monitored and supervised at all times, have full access to producers and doctors, and production will intervene in situations where this is justified. “

CBS was criticized in the #MeToo era after the release of former president and CEO Leslie Moonves in September 2018 amid multiple charges of sexual misconduct. Following Moonves’ departure, CBS was the victim of a shareholder lawsuit accusing the network, its board of directors and even Moonves of fraud, not only by not disclosing information in power statements that would have a significant impact on their activities. , but also through allegedly misleading statements about how the network committed to zero tolerance for inappropriate sexual behavior.

Read More: The new Chevy Suburban and Tahoe 2021: 4 questions to ask